Baked coconut oatmeal
Recipe by Renae Eastlake / Serves 4
½ cup Lupin Flakes
½ cup rolled oats
⅓ cup shredded coconut
¼ cup chopped nuts or seeds (we used almonds)
2 tbsp cranberries (or dried fruit of choice)
2 tbsp rice malt syrup (could use honey or maple syrup)
2 tbsp almond butter (could use any nut butter or coconut oil)
1 cup coconut milk (or preferred milk)
1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbs water, stir and leave to set for 10 minutes)
- Preheat oven 180 degrees. Line loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix up chia egg, let sit for 10-15 minutes while preparing remaining ingredients.
- In a medium sized bowl combine all dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- In a small saucepan, melt the nut butter and rice malt syrup over low heat, stirring to combine. Pour mixture into dry ingredients and mix well before adding the coconut milk & chia egg.
- Once combined pour mixture into prepared baking tin and bake for 30-40 mins until golden.
Best warmed before serving! Serve with yogurt, fruit of choice and a sprinkle of shredded coconut.