Recipe by Sophie Hofto /
½ cup Lupin Flakes
½ cup plain flour
⅓ cup sugar of choice (we recommend brown sugar)
⅛ cup shredded coconut
⅛ cup pepitas
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp Bicarb Soda
2 tbsp warm oil of choice
2 tbsp peanut butter dissolved in the warm oil
1 whole egg, lightly whisked
½ tsp vanilla extract
- Set oven to 200C.
- Line baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Gently whisk whole egg together with vanilla and set aside.
- Mix lupin flakes, plain flour, sugar, shredded coconut, pepitas, baking powder and bicarb soda until blended.
- Warm oil and blend in peanut butter, then add to the dry ingredients and rub ingredients together with hands until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Lightly whisk egg with a fork and add the whisked eggs and mix further. The batter may look relatively stiff, this is fine.
- Wet hands, take 20g (1 dessert spoon) amount of batter and roll into balls.
- Place on baking trays leaving a large space between balls to allow expansion of the cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 mins until golden. Remove from oven and let cookies sit on the trays until cool.
Cookies may seem soft and underdone when straight from the oven, they will harden and become crisp upon cooling.
Nutrition Per Serve:
Energy 562 Kj
Nutrition Per 100g:
Energy 2812 Kj