110g Lupin Flakes
3 small over ripe bananas – mashed
210g SR Flour (use Gluten Free SR flour for GF version)
100g brown sugar
50g butter (or coconut oil)
2 whole eggs – lightly whisked
140 ml skim milk
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease a loaf pan lightly with oil and line with non-stick baking paper.
- Blend the lupin flake, SR flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Gently melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Take off the heat, add the brown sugar, skim milk, mashed bananas, vanilla and eggs and stir in gently.
- Pour the butter mix into the dry ingredients and stir in gently until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan and sprinkle with lupin flakes and ¼ teaspoon sugar (optional).
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes, banana bread is ready when a skewer in the centre is clean.
- Set aside for at least 5 minutes, before carefully turning out onto a wire rack to cool.