Makes 30 cookies
220g Lupin Flakes
180g raw caster sugar
60g almond meal
55g softened butter
35g cocoa powder
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarb soda
2 egg yolks
1 whole egg
- Set oven to 190C.
- Line baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Gently whisk yolks and whole egg together and set aside.
- Mix Lupin Flakes, almond meal, cocoa powder, baking powder and bicarb soda until well blended.
- Melt butter in saucepan, then add sugar and stir to combine. Add butter and sugar mix to the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Add the whisked eggs and mix further. The batter may look relatively stiff, don’t be alarmed, this is a good thing!
- Wet hands and take 1 dessert spoon amount of batter and roll into balls.
- Place on baking trays leaving a large space between balls to allow expansion of the cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 mins. Remove from oven and let cookies sit on the trays until cool. Cookies may seem soft and underdone when straight from the oven, they will harden and become crisp upon cooling.