Recipe by Daisy Kirk / Serves 3 – 4
⅓ cup cooked millet
4 spring onions
1 small chopped eggplant
Handful of chopped mushrooms
½ cup stock or broth
2 large handfuls of spinach
3 cloves garlic
1 bay leaf
Pinch of chilli flakes
4 tbsp of pesto of your choice
2 tbsp nutritional yeast or Parmesan
For the topping:
1 cup Lupin Flakes
1 – 3 cloves garlic
½ cup almonds or walnuts
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
Salt and pepper
- Cut zucchini in half down the middle and hollow out, leaving a solid rim to hold your fillings.
- Rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, then place in oven at 180C while you prep the rest.
- Cook millet until soft with a little crunch. While that’s boiling, sauté spring onions in olive oil, then add 3 crushed garlic cloves and a pinch of chilli flakes.
- Next add the inside part of the zucchini, a handful of chopped mushrooms, 1 small chopped eggplant, 1 bay leaf and ½ cup stock or broth. Once this has cooked down add pesto of your choice, spinach, nutritional yeast or parmesan and cooked millet.
- Scoop into your hollow roasted zucchini.
- For the topping, place in food processor 1 cup Lupin Flakes, 1 – 3 cloves of garlic, ½ cup almonds or walnuts and a sprinkle of lemon thyme/thyme/rosemary, 2 tbsp nutritional yeast and salt and pepper. Blitz into a fine crumb then fry in some olive oil until the mix starts to become golden.
- Top your stuffed zucchini and place back in oven until golden.