Recipe by @myfamilyfeed
Prep time 15 minutes, Cook time 30 minutes, Serves 4
4 small chicken breasts
8 tbsp finely chopped kale or spinach
8 tbsp sliced pitted kalamata olives
6 tbsp finely chopped semi sun dried tomato
8 tbsp crushed pistachio nuts
8 tbsp of either grated mozarella, ricotta or feta cheese
½ cup rice flour
½ cup Lupin Flakes
2 eggs – whisked
- Preheat oven to 200°C degrees.
- Mix together the kale, olives, sun dried tomato, pistachios and cheese and combine well.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts then with a layer of cling film, thin it out using a meat mallet (tenderizer). Be careful not to overbeat as the chicken meat will rip.
- Sprinkle black pepper and salt over the entire chicken breasts. Spoon 2-3 tbsp of filling onto the chicken breasts be careful not to overfill.
- Start to roll the chicken gently. Tuck the sides in as you roll and secure the chicken with toothpicks. If there are a few holes here and there it is ok! Just ensure you handle the chicken gently while coating.
- Prepare a dish with some rice flour, another with the eggs and another with lupin flakes. Season the Lupin flakes with salt and pepper to taste and garlic if you wish.
- Dust each chicken rolls in the rice flour. Dust off excess before coating with beaten egg mixture and then rolling in Lupin flakes.
- Prepare a sautee pan over medium heat with enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Fry off each involtini on both sides until they are golden brown. Be gentle when turning them in the pan.
- Transfer into a hot oven to finish cooking.
- Cook for approx 10-15 minutes or until chicken is firm and runs clear juice when pierced.
- Let the chicken sit for a few minutes before slicing.
Serving Suggestion :
This can be served with roasted potatoes or mashed potato and crunchy apple and fennel homemade slaw! The perfect dish for Summer nights!