Recipe by Rosie Turner / @confidentcoeliac
1 bunch fresh silverbeet (approx. 10 leaves)
½ leek (approx. 100g)
300g peeled butternut pumpkin
6 white cup mushrooms
3 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1 tbsp butter
375g smooth ricotta
4 eggs (700g size)
1 cup The Lupin Co Lupin Flakes
½ cup GF Plain Flour (*see notes)
3 tbsp dried Italian herbs
S & P (to your liking)
3 tbsp each pepitas and sunflower kernels (for topping)
- Pre-heat oven to 170c fan-forced.
- Line a rectangular baking dish with baking paper (*see notes).
- Thickly slice sliverbeet and blanch for 2 mins; drain.
- Prepare other veggies by slicing/chopping into small pieces.
- In a large frypan, heat the EVOO and butter together.
- Add leek to the frypan and sauté, stirring for approx. 1 min.
- Add pumpkin and cauliflower; cook and stir for approx. 6 mins.
- Lastly, add the mushrooms; continue to cook and stir for further 2 mins. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the lupin flakes, flour, Italian herbs, S & P.
- Add the cooked veggie mix and blanched silverbeet to the bowl.
- Add lightly whisked eggs and ricotta to the bowl and combine all ingredients well.
- Spoon mixture evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Top mixture with pepitas and sunflower kernels.
- Place in oven and bake for approx. 30-40 mins (until a skewer, when inserted, comes out clean).
Notes: For this recipe, I used:
- Orgran Health and Nutrition GF plain flour.
- 2.8 litre rectangular Pyrex dish (32cm x 20cm).