Lupin Coconutty Carrot Cake
160g Lupin Flakes
300g grated carrot (3 large carrots)
⅓ cup (65g) Coconut flour
30g pepita seeds
¾ cup (100g) brown or coconut sugar
80g rice malt syrup
3 eggs, lightly beaten
160ml coconut oil (140g melted)
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 cup (250g) softened cream cheese
½ tsp vanilla essence
½ cup (80g) Icing sugar
Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease a loaf pan lightly with oil and line with non-stick baking paper.
- Blend the Lupin Flakes, coconut flour, pepitas, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the brown sugar, rice malt syrup, vanilla, carrots and eggs in a separate bowl and mix until combined.
- Gently melt coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Cool the oil slightly before pouring the mix into the dry ingredients. Stir gently until just combined, then add the grated carrot mix gently.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan and bake for about 40 mins. Set aside for at least 10 minutes, before carefully turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing, place the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla and lemon zest in a bowl, mix with either a wooden spoon or hand mixer until well combined.
- Cover cake with icing and enjoy!