1 medium chicken breast
½ cup Lupin Flakes
2 tsp ras el hanout
2 tsp paprika
Pink salt and pepper
Cooking oil (coconut nut or extra virgin olive oil)
- Cut chicken breast into strips. In a mixing bowl, mix together lupin flakes, Ras el hanout, paprika, salt and pepper.
- In another mixing bowl, crack and whisk the egg.
- Dip chicken breast into the egg then coat the chicken with lupin flakes mixture.
- Pan fry chicken until golden on each side and cooked through.
- Serve warm with your favourite salad and veggies.
Ras el hanout translates to ‘head of the shop’ in Arabic. Its complex flavour and aroma comes from many spices and herbs required to put the mix together and the basic ones are cardamom, clove, cinnamon, cumin, paprika, mace, nutmeg, peppercorn, turmeric. Each spice store will have their own secret formula. Ras el hanout is excellent in marinating meat or add to cooking couscous in Moroccan dishes. They are easily found in middle eastern grocers and some supermarkets!