Superfood Shortbread with only 5 ingredients!
Recipe by Ceire’s Kitchen / www.ceireskitchen.com
Celebrating Western Australian ingredients, native foods and healthy eating! Visit www.thelupinco.com.au for the full run down on the nutritional value of Lupin and why its the next superfood. Wattleseed – an awesome native ingredient with a nutty, chocolate flavour. Coconut sugar is Low-GI, making it healthier sugar option and safer for those on the diabetes spectrum.
1 cup plain flour
½ cup Lupin Flakes
⅓ cup coconut sugar
1 Tbsp wattleseed
120g soft butter, cubed
- Oven at 190’C
- Add all the dry ingredients together.
- Add butter, rub between fingers until mixture forms a dough & sticks together.
- Press into a small sized baking tray (mixture should be about 1.5 cm in thickness).
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into squares and dry on a
cooling rack. Enjoy with a cup of tea!