Low Carb Protein Pancakes
½ cup Lupin Flakes
200g low fat smooth ricotta
3 egg whites
5 tbsp milk
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
Zest of 1 lemon
- Place all ingredients except butter in a bowl and blend well together (1 minute with a hand mixer is recommended).
- Let the batter rest for 20-30 mins. The batter can be left in a fridge overnight, in fact it will actually work even better if left to sit in fridge!
- Add a knob of butter to a large non-stick frypan and allow butter to melt on low heat. Remove frypan from heat and spoon 3 heaped tbs of batter for each pancake. Gently spread the batter into thin discs (about 8cm wide) using the back of the spoon. Lupin batter is thicker than traditional pancake mix, don’t be alarmed!
- Place frypan back on the heat (low-medium) and cook on one side until it bubbles then gently flip over and cook the other side until done. Lupin pancakes hold more moisture and therefore take longer to cook than traditional pancakes. It’s important to monitor the heat so as not to burn your pancakes.
- Dust with a small amount of icing or coconut sugar while still warm and serve with your favourite fruit and syrup!