Recipe by @daisy_scoopwholefoods
Daisy used organic purple potatoes which are now in season. You can use any potato you like for this recipe, including sweet potato or any other vegetables you like such as eggplant or zucchini!
1/3 cup Lupin Flakes
1/3 cup organic tapioca, rice or arrowroot flour
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Good pinch of salt and pepper
Oil for roasting
- Mix Lupin Flakes with flour of choice and any seasoning you like. We used a good pinch of salt and pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1 tsp smoked paprika.
- Mix well, then slowly add water until you get a nice thick batter to coat your potatoes with. The batter will thicken with time, so add more water as needed.
- Slice your veg into any shape you like, not too thick. Dip veg slices into your batter and place on a lined baking tray with a little space in between each slice.
- Drizzle with oil, Daisy used macadamia for roasting. Then pop into a preheated oven at 200C for approx 30 mins or until golden.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with a little more salt.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce. Served here with Byron Bay Foods vegan aioli.